Adbrite

Saturday, 2 April 2011

My Cameras!

Hi all, today I will show you guys what I use to take my photos. I don't have the best equipment out there but I'm happy with what I have (and how much I paid ;D ). For those of you who have no idea how they got here, I am a Canon fan. I think Nikon is just as good but I prefer the controls and ergonomics of Canon.

I will start with my Canon S95. This is probably the "highest end" piece of equipment I own, because it is widely accepted as the best point-and-shoot camera currently on the market. I just got this a few days ago and I love it :) I bought it because I couldn't carry my DSLR around with me all the time, which was a problem for my Project 365. It is 10.0 Megapixels and I paid $330 for it on craigslist.

Canon S95 - April 2nd
Taken with - Canon 30D + 50mm f/1.8

Next up is my Canon 30D DSLR. It is my first camera and I love it! Although this camera came out in 2006, it is a semi-pro DSLR so it has a top LCD, magnesium alloy body, and many controls over any Canon Rebel DSLR. Unfortunately there is no live view so some shots (camera close to floor) are a pain to take :( It is 8.0 Megapixels and I bought it for $380~ on craigslist over a year ago, but you can buy one now easily for $300.

Canon 30D - April 2nd
Taken with the above Canon S95 :D

As you can see, there is no comparison for the background blur, or bokeh, as the DSLR has a much larger sensor. 

Here is a group shot of my lenses and cameras. I have other odds and ends like trigger cables, tripods, flash equipment that I left out.

Group Shot - April 2nd
Taken with my sister's Canon SD1400


Enough blabbing about my stuff, thanks for reading! If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below :)

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to invest in a nice one. Pretty expensive though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a complete amateur like myself what camera would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>Baws

    It really depends how much you want to spend, if you have $350 or so, the Canon S95 is an excellent choice. With that in mind, you can buy a very nice Panasonic Lumix Point and shoot camera for about $130 on sale. A friend of mine picked one up and it takes really nice photos, has a nice large LCD, and even does 720P video. Personally I would look at Sony and Panasonic for cameras under $200.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice setup you got there bro. I got a Canon 40D myself and love it :) check out my pics if you got the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a fan of having as many devices as i can. And readin this post makes me wana buy a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photography is something I always wanted to get into and now after reading this I feel that I will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look really nice and expensive. would love to see pictures taken by them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man I wish I had your gear. So jelly...

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look epic. cant wait to see more of your work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, i got a pentaz lol, dont reallym know the difference

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cameras. I myself am running around with some Kodak I picked up a few years ago. not the greatest, but it does its job well

    ReplyDelete